Let's just admit how ridiculously hot it is.
Because wow. June was scorching.
Now that we've gotten past that moment, all this air-conditioned time inside is perfect for focusing on upping your self-care game. Here are a few of our favorite ways to chill out this summer:
1. Freeze your toffee. This isn't just a great way to keep your toffee fresh, it's also useful in keeping yourself cool. Eating your favorite treats frozen can cool you down faster than you think.
2. Spring for a kiddie pool. Please don't close your browser window. If you're in the South, the right kind of kiddie pool can actually be a great addition to a party -- some inflatables can hold several people (parties count as self-care, too). But a kiddie pool on your porch on a hot summer day is just the right prescription for a quick cool down. Add your favorite mixed drink and your neighbors will start following your lead. Own it!
3. Make your meditation cooler. Do you meditate to ease the stresses of modern life? Usher in an extra layer of chill with a frozen face mask. This will also bring in that sensory deprivation you may be lacking (admit it -- you open your eyes).
4. Add mint to everything. Add it to your drinks, your foot bath, dab some around your pulse points... drench yourself in the stuff. Well, don't actually drench yourself -- The essential oils can burn if not diluted. But definitely add more mint to your life. It's natural cooling properties make it the scent/flavor of the season!
5. Hydrate. Your body is made of water (and something has to dissolve all that toffee). Drinking enough water is the best way to stay cool during the hot summer months. Take your weight, divide by two, and that's how many ounces of water you need in a day.